How to do Project or Tasked Based Lessons- Sample
Powerpoint, Lesson Plans ,Board games, multimedia, Kids activities, crosswords, word searches, music & video worksheets
Prepare your favourite dish
Grammar focus: Adverbs of Sequence . ( first,next,then ,
after that,finally )
Aim: How to describe a process.
- Photocopies of food cards ( vegetables ,fruits,drinks etc),which
students can cut out.
- Paper plates/ dishes,scissors and card paper for drawing and
cutting.(can give card papers for students to make them if time
- A Mr. Bean Movie with the sandwich making episode will be a great
blessing to this lesson. Download the Mr.
Bean worksheet here. If you can't lay hands on the video, look at
the worksheet and do a similar exercise with another video.
- Make copies of the worksheet to hand to students.
Hand out movie worksheet to students.
Pre-teach the vocabulary listed on the worksheet. Students watch and
answer questions. Focus attention on words like, first,
next, then, finally.
Tell students they are going to describe in detail how to cook their
favourite food. It will be a good idea to split the class into groups.
The groups should decide on a dish they all like. To motivate them
promise some kind of reward for the best group.
Write these questions on the board.
- What food items are you going to need?
- What utensils will you be using?
- What are you going to do first?
- What will you do next?
- How long will each step take?
- What do you have to do finally?
- Give each group a few minutes to brainstorm and assign roles to
various group members.
- Go round giving support where necessary. Surely students will be
asking lots of questions at this time. Go around and provide more
guidance to students.
- Students must jot down important points on a rough work paper
during this time.
- They ask for what they will need and it is time for
teachers to also hand out the food cards, scissors and others
• Executing task: Using the points
jotted down students begin to write a detailed description on the
Reporting to the class:
A spokesperson or group leader reports back to the
class. During this time students listen carefully to every group and
later decide which one is best.
Make a class magazine and put complete projects
into them. At the end of the course you might make copies for students
of put them in a class or school library.
Buy our CD-ROMS & Teach Quality Lessons
- We have Powerpoint Autorun CD-ROM
- Flash Videos- Autorun CD-ROM
- Interactive Grammar & Vocabulary Quizzes CD-ROM